- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GTK+ 3.3.6
- Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 19:16:44 -0500
GTK+ 3.3.6 is now available for download at:
Another 3.3 development snapshot.
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user
interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for
projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application
GTK+ has been designed from the ground up to support a range of
languages, not only C/C++. Using GTK+ from languages such as Perl and
Python (especially in combination with the Glade GUI builder) provides
an effective method of rapid application development.
GTK+ is free software and part of the GNU Project. However, the
licensing terms for GTK+, the GNU LGPL, allow it to be used by all
developers, including those developing proprietary software, without
any license fees or royalties.
Overview of Changes in GTK+ 3.3.6
* GtkApplication has grown support for exporting application
menus and menubars on the bus, as a GMenuModel. The
new GtkApplicationWindow toplevel automatically
displays these menu models when needed. These APIs
are still EXPERIMENTAL and are likely to change
* GtkSpinButtons have received a long-overdue face-lift
to make them easier to use with both mouse and touch.
* GtkScale has gained a has-origin property to request
filled-in drawing of the trough.
* GtkWindow can now request that the window manager hide
the titlebar when the window is maximized.
* The GtkTreeView accessibility support and the core
treeview code have been extensively refactored;
performance should be much improved. But watch out
* The GtkFileChooser entry completion code has been
extensively refactored; it now uses GtkEntryCompletion
* Excessive dependencies have been culled from Requires:
lines in pc files. Dependent modules may have to declare
dependencies that they were getting 'for free' in the past.
* Theming improvements:
- The background-clip and background-origin CSS properties
have been implemented
* Win32 improvements:
- Theming of column headers, radio buttons and menuitems,
notebook tabs, etc has been fixed
- Menus, tooltips, and other popups show above the task bar
- The Wayland backend has been updated to the current Wayland API
* Bugs fixed:
603823 Print to File suggests ".ps" as filename...
640317 gtk_draw_insertion_cursor should be moved to gtk_render
646461 Leak in gtkfilechooserbutton.c: model_free_row_data
650943 Clicking resize grip causes strange mouse grabbing beh...
661428 Allow themes to know when a toplevel window appears un...
662814 Request for way to tell gtk_recent_manager_add_item_qu...
664137 Crash in Audacious audio player when browsing the add ...
664456 segfault on arrow keypress in empty GtkIconView
664467 prop-editor is broken for GdkColor properties
664469 color button doesn't notify "color" and "alpha" when c...
664537 GtkCssProvider: don't segfault when CSS file is not found
664640 CUPS authentication does not work
665140 Draw the scale split
665326 FTBFS: missing Xi/Pango/Fc for gtk-query-immodules-3.0
665616 Add hide-titlebar-when-maximized setting
665741 Crashes in treeview when pressing End key.
665999 Introspection wrong for GDK_INPUT_ONLY vs GDK_INPUT_OUTPUT
666242 Separators in menuitem are not vertically aligned
641999 Consider adding a workarea API
657578 Toggling the state of a GtkCheckButton causes accessible...
659445 Accessible event.any_data is incorrect for text-removed...
663573 Rework GtkFileChooserEntry
666392 widget: Flip the sensitive flag even if the state doesn't...
666552 Layered region is leaked in GdkWindow
* Updated translations
Thanks to the contributors:
Federico Mena Quintero
Ignacio Casal Quinteiro
December 19, 2011
] [Thread Prev