Re: GMenuModel has landed

hi,

On Fri, 2011-12-09 at 14:39 +0100, Nacho wrote:
> just one thing that I don't have quite clear...
> how will the extensibility be managed for the menus?
> i.e adding a new menuitem from a plugin.

If the plugin can gain access to the GMenu then it can modify it
(adding/removing items, etc).

In some ways this could be easier because of how 'sections' work in
GMenu -- any menu (including the menubar) can be composed of multiple
sections that are merged together.

If the plugin can gain access to the GApplication and/or
GtkApplicationWindows then it can add its actions there, as well.

No word on namespacing of actions or easy ability to remove all
menuitems/actions that were added by a particular plugin, though.

Cheers