Re: GLIB, libffi and Windows

> GLib sources, but the response that I receive is that there is no plans
> (at least at that time) to include the libFFI sources in the GLib sources,
> and that was from one of the core devs, AFAICT.
I wonder if its a philosophical objection or just that no-one has signed up
to do it. Perhaps one of the core devs can chime in.

> So it seems like that one needs to compile libFFI on Windows beforehand
> using MinGW/MSYS(for GCC users) or mozilla-build (for MSVC users, libFFI
> 3.0.10rcx+).  Let me know if one needs help building it with MSVC though-
Of course the fact that one has to install massively complex additional
development environments just for 1 library (and an unreleased one at that)
that GLib seems to have been doing just fine with until now should set a
few alarm bells ringing. I know Windows is a "second class citizen" in the
GLib world but it would be nice if those of us who depend on it got *SOME*
love when decisions to add weird dependencies (which aren't even that
common on Linux) are added. The "creeping featurism" of what is supposed to
be a small, system abstracting library should be cause for concern.

I guess I'll stick to 2.28 for the time being until this can be sorted out.
If the devs are looking for someone to do the work of adding libFFI to the
GLib sources I'm prepared to help, any time after August 29, I am traveling
until then.

Kean