Re: Please fill out the GtkLabel questionnaire
- From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org>
- To: Tristan Van Berkom <tristanvb openismus com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, Benjamin Otte <otte gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Please fill out the GtkLabel questionnaire
- Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 23:27:41 -0400
On 04/09/11 11:42, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
>>> > > Labels currently don't wrap and ellipsize both, it would be nice if
>>> > > they did however (and it's certainly possible, I would imagine the
>>> > > whole text would wrap as much as possible and the text that doesnt
>>> > > fit would be ellipsized only on the last line).
>>> > >
>> > Oh? Is this a limitation in Pango or is that just missing inside GtkLabel?
> Looks like we could use pango_layout_set_height ().
Exactly. As far as I can imagine, wrapping and ellipsizing at the same time
only makes sense if you have both a limited width, and limited height. And
that's exactly what Pango does. There are known corner cases unhandled, but
API-wise, it should work.
] [Thread Prev