Re: Problem with cross-build the package gobject-introspection-0.6.14

* Rueyan Yeh <rueyan yeh smartbridge-tech com> schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>    Sorry to bother you.
>    I try to build the package gobject-introspection-0.6.14 for ARM
> processor.
>    The build environment is x86 Ubuntu. The Python package is for x86.
>
>    From the error message (below), it seems that the x86 Python cannot
> understand the ARM share library format.

Obviously not, how should it do that ?
You first need a crosscompiled version of Python. Then you need
to make the python module build process to be crosscompile-aware.
Good luck ;-o

Similary to perl, python is not designed for that (one of the
major reasons I avoid it like holy water ;-o). It's all based on
the assumption that the building system equals the actual target.

In this case it's not a glib/gtk problem (despite it has it's
own misdesigns like AC_TRY_RUN calls) - it's a Python design issue.

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt metux de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666