GTK+ 2.21.8 released
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GTK+ 2.21.8 released
- Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:14:37 -0400
GTK+ 2.21.8 is now available for download at:
This is the last development release leading toward 2.22.
* GTK+ 2.22 is planned to be the last stable GTK+ 2.x release,
to be released in parallel with GTK+ 3. It will not receive
major feature work beyond API additions that are required
to facilitate porting to GTK+ 3.
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GTK+ 2.20. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GTK+ 2.20.
* GTK+ 2.22 will be source and binary compatible with
the GTK+ 2.20 series.
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
What is GTK+
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user
interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for
projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application
GTK+ has been designed from the ground up to support a range of
languages, not only C/C++. Using GTK+ from languages such as Perl and
Python (especially in combination with the Glade GUI builder) provides
an effective method of rapid application development.
GTK+ is free software and part of the GNU Project. However, the
licensing terms for GTK+, the GNU LGPL, allow it to be used by all
developers, including those developing proprietary software, without
any license fees or royalties.
Where to get more information about GTK+
Information about GTK+ including links to documentation can be
An installation guide for GTK+ 2.x is found at:
GTK+ is a large project and relies on voluntary contributions.
We are actively searching for new contributors in various areas
and invite everyone to help project development.
If you are willing to participate, please subscribe to the project
mailing lists to offer your help and read over our list of vacant
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.21.7 to 2.21.8
- Various style properties have been deprecated:
- The GtkIconView::orientation property has been deprecated
and renamed to item-orientation
- Separator-related API in GtkDialog
- API related to blinking status icons
- The keysym names have been renamed from GDK_... to GDK_KEY_...
- The GtkItem class
- The gdk_display variable and the GDK_DISPLAY macro
* GTK+ now uses standard icon names for stock icons, where applicable
- Fixes to the MS Windows theme engine
- Many fixes
* Bugs fixed:
414712 gtk_container_set_focus_child leaks widget
601731 Drag and Drop from Workspace to Activities Overview
628049 Native windows don't work very well
628110 gtranslator inserts unwanted line breaks
628291 Drawing artifacts when used with a cairo 1.9.*
628308 docs referencing non existing icons
628656 _gdk_windowing_get_startup_notify_id memory leak
628932 key typing causes core dump in VNC environment
629093 [patch] prefix GDK key names
629277 Hanging because do_syntheszie_crossing_event...
* Updated translations:
Thanks to all contributors:
September 14, 2010
] [Thread Prev