Re: pixbuf<->cairo_surface_t conversion

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 4:05 AM, Andrew Cowie
<andrew operationaldynamics com> wrote:
> We can kiss gdk_pixbuf_get_pixels() goodbye, no problem, but I'm just
> curious what someone would replace it with... draw to a Cairo image
> surface, save that to a PNG and then load it and... oh wait. :)

The idea is that what you do now is get the cairo surface and then
cairo_image_surface_get-data()

of course, frequently things that previously required pixel access
would now be doable with cairo operations, which can only be a win for
language bindings.

> As usually happens across the language barrier, we had to copy the array
> anyway, so I'm not really fussed where we get it from. Or, are we
> advised to tell developers "no more access to an image's pixels"?

No, they just have to access them via the cairo surface

Havoc