Re: pixbuf<->cairo_surface_t conversion

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 4:05 AM, Andrew Cowie
<andrew operationaldynamics com> wrote:
> We can kiss gdk_pixbuf_get_pixels() goodbye, no problem, but I'm just
> curious what someone would replace it with... draw to a Cairo image
> surface, save that to a PNG and then load it and... oh wait. :)

The idea is that what you do now is get the cairo surface and then

of course, frequently things that previously required pixel access
would now be doable with cairo operations, which can only be a win for
language bindings.

> As usually happens across the language barrier, we had to copy the array
> anyway, so I'm not really fussed where we get it from. Or, are we
> advised to tell developers "no more access to an image's pixels"?

No, they just have to access them via the cairo surface