Re: Gtk-OSX

On Sep 1, 2010, at 8:15 PM, Shawn Bakhtiar wrote:
> 2) Writing that table, agreed. I should stop talking about it and do it. I wish I knew how. As re-focus on the GTK part of our app I'll see if I can put something together.
>

> as a point:
>
> bash-3.2$ pwd
> /Users/shawn/gtk/source/gtk+-2.18.2/gdk
> bash-3.2$ cd win32/
> bash-3.2$ grep -R FIXME * | wc -l
>       16
> bash-3.2$ cd ../x11/
> bash-3.2$ grep -R FIXME * | wc -l
>       15
> bash-3.2$ cd ../quartz/
> bash-3.2$ grep -R FIXME * | wc -l
>      125

FYI, this is absolutely not a sound way of judging software quality.  Some developers add a lot of FIXME comments when they are writing the code, some don't, some only do when they feel like it.  So counting FIXMEs says *nothing* at all.

To put it into more perspective:

> 1) "The code does contain a fair amount of "FIXME" comments. Note that a couple of those are for either deprecated functionality (that will be removed in the future and is only really needed by legacy applications) or for things that are very X11-specific and will not work natively on the Mac." -- http://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/OSX

A lot of these FIXMEs are for deprecated functionality or very X11-specific things.  You will see a lot of FIXMEs disappear in the GTK+ 3 branch.  Again, it says nothing about the actual quality.

-kris.