Re: Docs for the gtk-style-context branch changes

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 7:49 AM, Carlos Garnacho <carlosg gnome org> wrote:

> 1) Keep GtkStyle in 3.0, encourage people verbally to use
> GtkStyleContext instead.
>
> 2) Keep GtkStyle, but not include in gtk.h, force people to take a
> decision between being lazy and using the brand new stuff.
>
> 3) Remove GtkStyle, port all GTK+ widgets, force people to move forward.
>
> I'll be of course discussing all of this during the hackfest, but any
> comments here will be welcome.

To follow up on this question, I've grepped for gtk_style_, gtk_paint_
and gtk_rc over my jhbuild tree, and came up with some 500 hits, 130
of which are in gtk itself. I'll attach the list.

I guess the most realistic approach here is to go with 2) for now, and
start to get gtk completely GtkStyle-free. And yes, having some
replacement for the simple gtk_widget_modify apis would be good, too.

Matthias