Re: Replacing gdk_display_open(char*)

On 16 November 2010 18:44, Petr Tomasek <tomasek etf cuni cz> wrote:
> So this would be really needed and I think Gtk should have some
> way to support an application simultaneusly using more than one
> "screen"s.
>
> The current "bottleneck" on X is however the inability of XrandR to create
> new screens on the fly... :-(

What is stopping you using the GDK API to get the extents of the
monitors from the unified "screen" and say positioning the speakers
notes on one monitor and the presentation on the other?

To be honest, I thought Oo.o did this already - my laptop has Intel
GPU so uses the new world order of xrandr, and I'm sure I've done this
with oo.o.

Ross