Re: [pygtk] PyGtk and gtk-3.0 compatibility

2010/11/8 Stephen Langer <stephen langer nist gov>:

> Hi.  I'm Alice, and I have no idea what you're talking about.  I'm heavily invested in PyGTK2 in a long-term project.  As far as I can tell, PyGObject is a low level library that doesn't serve the same purpose as PyGTK at all.  What's the relationship between the new PyGObject and the old?  What kind of porting do I have to look forward to, and on what time scale?

With PyGObject (since version 2.26) you can access any library with
GObject Introspection support, for example GTK+. A complete list here:
[1]
More info in the project home page: [2]

>> I think the community as a whole would be FAR better served by having
>> not just better PyGObject code, but better documentation for PyGObject
>> (including porting HOWTOs).
>
> Yes, please.

There are some tips here: [3]
Also, there is a GnomeGoal to port applications from PyGTK to
PyGObject here: [4]

> Thanks,
>   Steve (not really Alice)

Regards