Re: Can I get a quick overview of GtkApplication actions?

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Havoc Pennington <hp pobox com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Matthias Clasen
> <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
>>
>> In fact, here it is:
>> http://library.gnome.org/devel/gio/2.27/GApplication.html#gapplication-example-actions
>
> Was a bit confused reading this example, what are the hold/release in
> the action callbacks about? Would they only be needed if someone runs
> the main loop in the callback?

Yes, they are a little pointless here, and probably deserve a comment.

The idea is that the callback might open a new window, in which case
you want the application to stay around until that is closed again.
But gtk_window_set_application() takes care of that for you.