GTK+ 2.91.3 released
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GTK+ 2.91.3 released
- Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 13:52:40 -0400
GTK+ 2.91.3 is now available for download at:
This is a development release leading toward 3.0.
* GTK+ 3 will be parallel installable with GTK+ 2.x, and
this release has been prepared to test this by renaming
all .pc files, libraries, include paths, and so forth,
to include a '3.0' component.
* GTK+ 3 will remove deprecated API from the GTK+ 2.x series
and make struct members unavailable that have been GSEALed
in 2.x. Therefore, applications can be prepared for porting
to GTK+ 3 by making sure that they build with
and -DGSEAL_ENABLE. For more information about porting concerns,
see the porting guide that is included in the API docs.
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
What is GTK+
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user
interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for
projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application
GTK+ has been designed from the ground up to support a range of
languages, not only C/C++. Using GTK+ from languages such as Perl and
Python (especially in combination with the Glade GUI builder) provides
an effective method of rapid application development.
GTK+ is free software and part of the GNU Project. However, the
licensing terms for GTK+, the GNU LGPL, allow it to be used by all
developers, including those developing proprietary software, without
any license fees or royalties.
Where to get more information about GTK+
Information about GTK+ including links to documentation can be
An installation guide for GTK+ 2.x is found at:
GTK+ is a large project and relies on voluntary contributions.
We are actively searching for new contributors in various areas
and invite everyone to help project development.
If you are willing to participate, please subscribe to the project
mailing lists to offer your help and read over our list of vacant
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.91.2 to 2.91.3
* The scrollable interface has gained some extra properties
to influence scrolling behaviour: [hv]scroll-policy
* The size_request vfunc and signal have been deprecated and
are no longer used inside GTK+ itself
* GtkAssistant has added a custom page type that gives full
control of button visibility
* The homogeneous parameter has been removed from gtk_box_new
* Bugs fixed:
61852 GtkTextBuffer needs a case insensitive search
576498 GtkAssistant seals members without adding accessors
612611 auto-mnemonics breaks menu scrolling
633050 need gtk_combo_box_new_with_model_and_entry
633216 Make gdk_rgba_to_string() take a const GdkRGBA
633274 Add error trap around call to XFixesChangeSaveSet()
633374 Port tests to GtkScrollable API...
633500 statusbar labels behind resize grip on startup
* Updated translations:
Tristan Van Berkom
Ignacio Casal Quinteiro
who contributed to this release
November 1, 2010
] [Thread Prev