Re: on replacing GTK_WIDGET_* with gtk_widget_get_* INSIDE gtk+

Am Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:55:23 +0100
schrieb Christian Persch <chpe gnome org>:

> Hi;
>
> recently there's been a flood of changes in gtk+ where *internal* uses
> of GTK_WIDGET_* macros accessing the widget flags were replaced by the
> new public accessors. Why is that? I thought the GSEAL work was
> intended to only seal *outside* access to the flags, while
> library-internal code could continue to use the shortcuts macros.
> These changes mean that every time I rebase my gtk tree, I have some
> patches that fail to apply because of this; I guess I'm not the only
> one that this is happening to!
>
> Regards,
> 	Christian

Hey Christian,

the plan is indeed to remove the old macros entirely, not just hide
them. Fortunately these replacements are almost done, so you should
have survived most rebasing trouble.

ciao,
    Christian