Re: Creating GObject/GTK bindings for language

On 03/01/2010 10:07 PM, Tristin Celestin wrote:
> I apologize for being so terse. I was grasping at straws, trying to think
> of a specific question regarding GTK binding to get me started. There
> have been plenty of bindings to scripting languages in the past, so
> I thought asking about them in general would be the quickest way to
> get information about making binding.
>
> I would like bindings for GTK from Objective C. I originally started
> to bind classes manually, starting with GList in GLib. While I know
> that this will take time, if I use that method, I'll die before
> I finish.

I've been working on this on and off for close to two years now:

http://git.xfce.org/bindings/glib-objc/

(Note that I'm currently working on the no-foundation-dep branch to
remove the dependency on libFoundation in favor of using glib-ish types.)

It's far from complete, has no documentation, and I'm still not
completely happy with the design of the base GObject wrapper.  I haven't
yet worked on any automated tools for generating bindings.  Not sure if
it'd be all useful for you, but maybe it's worth a look as a starting
point.  I'd certainly be happy to collaborate if you think it's worthwhile.

	-brian