Re: disabling GTK+ features to shrink GTK+

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 10:23, Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi> wrote:
>> Is it good enough that the maintainer doesn't even give a reason?
>
> It is good enough for me. I admire a maintainer that doesn't let
> everything turn into bikeshedding.

A short explanation would be far better than just "we are unlikely to
accept such patches". It may be obvious to you and the maintainer, but
not to me.

>> Did  I miss something?
>
> The possibility to maintain patches for the features you are missing
> in your own distro or whatever?

Maybe the patches may be useful to someone else, and you want to make
those available from one place, that is upstream.

--
blog: http://tshepang.tumblr.com