Re: GLib 2.25.8 released

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 5:54 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
> On 8 June 2010 06:20, Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com> wrote:
>> * GApplication: a basic application support class, with a D-Bus based
>>  implementation
>
> I've ported gnome-color-manager to this (from libunique), and it seems
> to work fine. I'm wondering what branches of GTK are going to support
> GtkApplication, as I can only see this in master for now.

It is going to appear in 2.90.2 today. Colin wants it to land in 2.22
as well, but I am not convinced. The hurdle for switching to GTK3 is
not high...

> I'm also not sure on the policy for GNOME applications to depend on
> gtk3 now. I assume gtk3 is a blessed dependency of GNOME? Are any
> distros apart from Fedora shipping it yet?

gtk3 is the next version of GTK+ I don't think any blessing is needed,
really. We're making the transition as easy as possible for
distributions, with full parallel installability. For really painless
switching, we need some more progress on

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/PortGtkModules

I don't know about the availability of gtk 2.90.x in other distros.