Re: Testing for memory leaks in GTK
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org, Morten Welinder <mortenw gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Testing for memory leaks in GTK
- Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 13:07:57 -0500
On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 09:57 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Morten Welinder <mortenw gnome org> wrote:
> > You probably need to end with something like this
> useful, but that doesn't explain the dependency on the number of
> GtkWindows created, does it?
Generally, GdkWindow objects won't be released until DestroyNotify
events for the corresponding X windows are received back from X.
So if you don't wait for events, the more windows you create
the more memory you will "leak" at program exit.
] [Thread Prev