Re: Skip List for GLIB

2010/12/23 Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
2010/12/23 Sebastian Dröge <sebastian droege collabora co uk>:

> IMHO (not being a GLib maintainer) this would only be useful in very
> specific scenarios and wouldn't be something for a general purpose
> library like GLib. But maybe others disagree :)

No, I think you pretty much nailed it. GLib is not a data structure library.

We don't generally add new data structures unless there's a specific
need for them somewhere in the GTK+ stack. If you are interested in a
wide variety of data structure variants with different speed/space
tradeoffs, there's other libraries out there, like libavl...

I agree with your (Sebastian and Matthias) points and appreciate your feedback.  The more I think about it, skip list is a niche data structure.