Re: Gtk DirectFB backend

2010/8/25 Javier Jardón <jjardon gnome org>:
> 2010/8/25 John Stowers <john stowers lists gmail com>:
>>
>> For Google, and those that find this thread brings bad news, I
>> stumbled across a developers branch that gets Gtk+-2.20 working with
>> DirectFB again.
>
>> [1] http://mail.directfb.org/pipermail/directfb-dev/2010-May/005704.html
>> [2] http://git.potipota.net/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/gtk+/log/?h=2.20-directfb-fixes
>
> I wonder why these patches were not submitted upstream
>
> --
> Javier Jardón Cabezas

I don't know but I do know Dennis the creator of DirectFB is swamped.
In general he simply does not have the bandwidth to support Gtk.

If you dig deep into the archives you will see my posts from a few
years ago with my
plea for community support and nothing happened. Heck one person part
time fixing bugs
and taking submissions would have been sufficient to keep the port going.

The fact the embedded world did not feel they needed to do this speaks volumes.

But enough on that or I will start ranting :)