Re: Wrapping Box Container

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Tristan Van Berkom
<tristanvb openismus com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 02:42 +0900, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
> [...]
>> PS: I've been trying to send this mail all day, at this point from
>> several email addresses... I'm dropping the .tgz attachment and will
>> follow up with another mail after uploading it somewhere if this email
>> does indeed hit the mailing list.
>>

> Looks like it finally went through after removing the attachment,
> you can build and try the demo by simply downloading it from here:
>    http://people.gnome.org/~tvb/eggwrapbox.tgz

I've given this a quick spin, and it seems to work as advertised, very nice.
For some reason I had to add a priv->children = NULL to init to keep it from
segfaulting. Which is curious, because I was convinced that we
0-initialized privates.

I also took a look at the code, and couldn't spot anything obviously
wrong (I admit that I didn't study the hundreds of lines of size
allocation code...). The one thing I noticed is that egg_wrap_box_add
should probably use the default values for the child properties (which
is FALSE for all the booleans, not TRUE as the function currently
uses).

Since the minimum-length is a number of children, it would probably be
more natural to speak of it as the 'minimum number of children'
instead of the 'minimum amount' or 'minimum length'.

Great work,

Matthias