Re: gtk_widget_draw()

On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 02:07 +0200, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> So, that's a rough list of ideas I have currently. I have no idea if I
> get all of this done for 3.0 and in what order I'm going to tackle
> these problems

It all sounds utterly brilliant.

++

Changing the object hierarchies is a bit of a yellow flag for me; for
our purposes (and this is squarely in the my problem, not yours, but hey
category) they are ABI and hard to change post 3.0

I realize your list was mostly a brainstorm, but do you think you could
order it by

* things that could happen before GTK 3.0
* things that can happen after GTK 3.0

my thought being that if you can get the API & ABI changes [and again
I'm thinking about class hierarchies, and new signals count too] in to
2.90 then we can accommodate them in the 3.0 ABI break, even if some
(much) of it isn't live yet.

> expose-event

I assume you're not thinking of taking that out before 3.0?

[ie, it'd be cool 'n all, and we'll be getting rid of lots of other
things deprecated, but that's kinda a monster, no?]

AfC
Sydney