Re: AC_MSG_RESULT(patching libtool to fix HIDEOUS BREAKAGE)

Hi,

On Wed 04 Aug 2010 22:33, Havoc Pennington <hp pobox com> writes:

> Given this I'm not sure why nobody has ever replaced libtool while
> keeping automake. For me it's probably 1) automake is written in perl
> which I just don't speak and 2) suspicion that automake upstream
> wouldn't take the patch.

It's easy to think of the autotools as a project of "other people", or
not of people at all; but they have maintainers, and they are
somewhat responsive, and interested by good feedback.

I know it's easier to rant on a mailing list, but we could fix this
problem for everyone by constructively engaging with the maintainers,
via bug-{automake,libtool} gnu org

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/