Re: 2.90 branch

Am Tue, 29 Sep 2009 13:04:54 +0200
schrieb Javier Jardón <javierjc1982 gmail com>:

> Hello,
>
> I've read here [1] about the creation of a GTK+ branch for GTK+
> 2.90/3.0 development after 2.14 has been released.
> GTK+ 2.18 has been released and I think that no branch was created, is
> there any plans to create that branch soon?
>
> Best Regards
>
> [1] http://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/3.0/Tasks#Q0

Hey Javier,

I actually started to look into doing that this week. I think we have
resolved all but a handful of sealing/ accessor issues at this point,
and at least some of the GTK+ hackers seem to share the sentiment. So I
think it's a good time.

So I guess I should try to organize this a bit, and see if I can
attract some bears to the honey.

I started a local branch gtk-2.90, where I began to remove deprecated
classes and functions which basically is #Q1.

Question: do others agree, and can I push the branch to git.gnome.org
so everybody can join the effort?

A GTK+ meeting would probably be a good idea, to plan 2.20/ 2.90.

Emmanuelle, do you want to revive the meeting?

ciao,
    Christian