Re: Speeding up thumbnail generation (like multi threaded). Thoughts please.
- From: Mark <markg85 gmail com>
- To: "Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak" <mjc avtechpulse com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Speeding up thumbnail generation (like multi threaded). Thoughts please.
- Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 20:08:10 +0200
On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 2:11 PM, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak
<mjc avtechpulse com> wrote:
>> The one with just 21 seconds is where all my images are in cache.
>> That's also where all my cores are working at 100%
>> The other thread benchmark (70 seconds) vauses all cores to work at ~40%
> So what's the conclusion? The existing Nautilus code is OK, except that it
> should be threaded?
> - Mike
That sounds like a good conclusion for now but are we going to do
something with it?
] [Thread Prev