Re: RFC: Adding zlib dependency to libgio

On 11/08/2009 10:54 AM, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> I've been working on some API for gio (more details later) that involves
> having an API for (de)compression. Having this as a public API makes
> zlib a mandatory dependency for libgio (and thus the glib tarball).

Hi,

Will there some kind of plug-in architecture so it is possible to add
say .bz2 and .z7 support to the GIO level? If so, couldn't the zlib
dependency also be made optional? Not that I see a problem with a
mandatory zlib dependency.

GIMP currently has bad hacks to support transparent loading of .xcf.gz
and .xcf.bz2 files and it would be nice to let this be handled at a
lower level.

BR,
Martin

--