adding transparency to Gtk widgets

Hi,
Is there any way to make Gtk widgets transparent.

By using Murrine theme engine and little modifications to  my gtk application i could do.

In my application I added the following lines

For my main window/widget i did the fallowing( as per Cimi's update).

/***
screen = gtk_widget_get_screen (totem->win);
colormap = gdk_screen_get_rgba_colormap (screen);

if (colormap)
gtk_widget_set_default_
colormap (colormap);
**/

It's working fine.

But If I don't use murrine theme engine the effect(transparancy/glassy) will not be seen.

I don't want to use murrine theme engine. Instead i want to modify in Gtk library.

Is there any update on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
HVR