Re: GLib and Symbian?

On Mon, 2009-05-18 at 01:07 +0200, Wim Vander Schelden wrote:
> A few months back someone reported on this list hat he had ported GLib
> to Symbian. Has this port been merged, or is there somewhere I can get
> the branch of the Symbian version?

It has not been merged in.  The problem was that static globals are not
allowed in Symbian, and are used in quite a number of places.  Tor
posted a possible solution for that [1], but it would require a lot of
changes to be made.

If Tim or Matthias can comment and mention whether this solution would
be acceptable, I'd be willing to try to adapt the gtk rewriter to try to
automatically convert the global statics to use Tor's macro.

[1].
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2008-September/msg00029.html