Re: Native file chooser dialog on Windows

On Fri, 15 May 2009 14:33:12 -0400 (EDT), Allin Cottrell wrote:

> IMO this is now pretty much of a non-issue, since the current GTK
> file selection dialog is sufficiently like Windows (but nicer!).

For the values of nicer that match "much slower", "worse autocomplete
behaviour than the native dialog", "less useful Places list" and "confusing
gradual display of network locations" (the first time I tried opening
something from my fileserver I thought some of my directories went missing
because the GTK+ dialog displayed about a tenth of all folders at first,
and then very slowly added the rest in about 15-second intervals; there's
also the weird behaviour when you type a directory name, press Enter, see
the Open button depress and jump out again - and then nothing happens,
because the dialog expects a \ at the end to actually change to that
directory).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >