Re: Moving GLib and GTK+ to git

Matthias Clasen wrote:
>  - First line (the brief description) must only be one sentence and
>    must not start with a capital letter. Don't use a trailing period
>    either. Don't exceed 76 characters.

Hi,

Is there any particular reason for not starting with a capital letter,
e.g. are there any tools that depend on it? In general I think a
sentence look nicer if it starts with a capital letter, including those
that does not end with a period. From a quick look at the most recent
commit messages for the Linux kernel and git itself, it does not seem as
if they have a rule such as the one above, which makes me even more
curious why we should have it.

BR,
Martin