Re: GTK+ web site

Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
Hi,
I checked the http://www.gtk.org site tonight, and I saw that you now link to the gtk-apps.org website for third party applications instead of www.gtkfiles.org Why is that? In the past you would use GTKFiles/Gnomefiles! More over, gtk-apps seems to have a maximum of 1-3 apps updated daily on their site, while GTKFiles is a lot more active and visited: http://www.gtkfiles.org/latest.php Also, we have setup special XML files, per Gnome project's request, where only OSS apps would show up in the RSS feeds!
Would it be possible to revert to a GTKFiles link in your front page?
Hi Eugenia!
If I recall correctly, this was done in October when the gnomefiles website went down, with a blog post from you saying it probably wouldn't go up again [1]. Around this time, we looked into if we could host it ourselves in any way [2], but realized it was out of our control to do so because of the license the website use [3].

1. http://osnews.com/staff/permalink.php/2897/goodbye_gnomefiles.html
2. http://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2008-September/msg00028.html 3. http://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2008-September/msg00033.html

- Andreas