Re: No GTK+ Hackfest this year

On 03/25/2009 06:56 PM, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
Hi,

Some may have heard that I've been planning the Bolzano GTK+ Hackfest.
Well, given the economy, we are canceling that plan for now.
The global economy or the GNOME Foundations economy?

Well, the two are not really separate. Last year we raised over 80% of the GTK+ hackfest expenses from the advisory board members, and many companies paid for airfare of their employees going to the hackfest. This year we failed to do the former, and I expect the latter also being an issue for many of the companies.

And the foundation budget is also tight this year. We don't want to dip into our cash reserves too much. Stormy and J5 are working on a financial report and budget for the year which will better explain the foundation numbers.

behdad

- Andreas