Re: GObject Introspection as part of the GNOME platform

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 15:18 -0300, Johan Dahlin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We think GObject Introspection adds a lot to the GNOME platform and
> would like to
> discuss how it can be integrated.

yey!

absolutely agree about finally having G-I integrated in the platform.

> * Source comment (gtk-doc) annotations we expect C authors to
>   use and maintain in libraries

it would be good to have a gtk-doc release (and people depending on it,
so that distro will finally start shipping a decent version of gtk-doc)
that understands those annotations, stripping them when needed or adding
human readable descriptions (this would also help increase the
consistency in the API references on library.gnome.org). I know that
ensonic is working on this.

> == Option 1: Included in glib.tar.gz, included in libgobject-2.0.so ==

> == Option 2: Included in glib.tar.gz, as a separate libgirepository-1.0.so ==

I'd obviously favour either option 1) or 2), with a slight preference
for 1). being able to refactor parts of the GType system using
introspection would be a killer feature.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,