Re: Fwd: regarding animated mng support in gtk for directfb

Hi,

On Sat, 2009-03-07 at 10:37 +0530, Monil Parmar wrote:

> I am using GTK-2.12.12.
> I have compiled mng lib from http://sourceforge.net/projects/libmng/ .
> The test application, I have used for  X11 with linux.mng is at
> libmng-1.0.10/contrib/gcc/gtm-mng-view .
> gtk-mng-view is a sample gtk based application to view mng.
> I could able to see linux.mng with animation effect.
>
> But when I try to run the same source code(gtk-mng-view) for
> GTK/DirectFB only 1st frame it shows.

I've had a look at this and the problem is clearly in the gtk-mng-view
code. The example code there draws outside the expose handler. This is
something that you should never do. It may work for GTK-X11 if you are
lucky, but it's not supported and it definitely does not work if you
using the DirectFB backend. Simply replace the function
mng_refresh_callback() in gtk-mng-view.c with the following code and it
will work just fine:

static mng_bool
mng_refresh_callback (mng_handle mng_h,
		      mng_uint32 x,
		      mng_uint32 y,
		      mng_uint32 width,
		      mng_uint32 height)
{
  gtk_widget_queue_draw_area (GTK_WIDGET (mng_get_userdata (mng_h)),
                              x, y, width, height);

  return MNG_TRUE;
}

Sven