Re: gtk+ documentation wikified

Maciej Piechotka schrieb:
> On Fri, 2009-02-20 at 10:37 +0000, Alberto Ruiz wrote:

>>> I'm not sure but I guess that it would be possible to integrate it
>>> somehow with SVN(or, even better, git/bzr/...). The wiki syntax could be
>>> translated into gtkdoc.
>>>
>> Gtkdocs are stored in the source code headers,
>>

> BTW - this idea, which I personally like, is not common. Gtk-doc
> comments are usually placed in source files. The exception is for
> example webkit-gtk (or at least used to be).
>

>> that helps developers
>> to keep documentation up to date.
>> That means that pushing documentation upstream is not possible.
>>
>> What we could do is to have a queue of contributions/feedback and
>> notify the module maintainer about it.
>>

> I never thought about pushing it into trunk directly. Next paragraph of my mail is:
> "With svn: The developer/maintainer of wiki could download wiki syntax as
> a patch, apply it and commit."
>
> And the merging usually is quite possible:
> - Find symbol before which there is comment started by /** (or any other
> - Insert the generated doc/update it/...
> - Diff with previous
> In some cases it will need to be handled manually - but I guess that in 99% it will not.
>
> Regards

Hi,

I put some notes online:
http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/GtkDocFuture#head-a95d3540bfa9b29299058c0e13b162ce2a772da7
Should the prototype submit patches to bugzilla?

subtasks that I could need help with:
1) start a basic cgi for library.gnome.org (if I do it its gonna be
perl, but I don't care so much)
  * have a hasmap there docmodule->sourcedir
  * implements a fast way to get from symbol to docblob
  * when calling edit.cgi?docmodule=glib&symbol=g_object_new
     * show a textfield with the docs for it

2) write a bugzilla_submit_patch function in for the above cgi (see link
for how bugbuddy is doing it).

3) build-brigade - anyone reading this? whats the chances of getting a
doc-builder, where we could also run this cgi?

Stefan