Re: glib dbus bindings notes
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp pobox com>
- To: David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, "dbus lists freedesktop org" <dbus lists freedesktop org>
- Subject: Re: glib dbus bindings notes
- Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 23:20:29 -0500
On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 1:19 PM, David Zeuthen <david fubar dk> wrote:
> So, to sum up, the main suggestions you are making are
> - Rework low-level bits of EggDBus so it's like dbus-hippo-helper
> - Don't try to hide libdbus in the low-level bits
> (but do hide it from the high-level bits)
> - make sure the all gunk needed for the C/GObject binding is separate
> from the low-level stuff (a separate library even?)
> Is that about right?
Yup, I think that's fair, and thanks for wading through my mails.
I'm not sure whether separating the C object mapping into another
library is necessary or not; could go either way. To me the important
thing is to separate it "conceptually" (have the dependencies flowing
in the right direction / have the lower-level bits work by
themselves). I could also see a phased approach where the binding
helper stuff is finished and API-locked before the C object mapping,
but that may not be useful.
] [Thread Prev