Re: G_SOCKET_FAMILY_UNIX conditional define?

On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 19:34 +0200, Hans Breuer wrote:
> While trying to update the GLib build with msvc I sumbled over
> the conditional define of G_SOCKET_FAMILY_UNIX.
>
> But later the value is used unconditionally in gsocket.c
> which breaks my build.
>
> The whole introduction of defining the GSocketFamily values through
> GLIB_SYSDEF_AF_* defines looks a bit fragile to me. Can someone
> explain why this is necessary?

This is because we want the values of those flags to be the same as the
system ones so that other socket families supported on your OS can be
used too, and not just the ones listen in the enum.

I think I saw a comment somewhere that Win32 defines AF_UNIX too, is
that not true?