- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GTK+ 2.17.6
- Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 00:07:08 -0400
GTK+ 2.17.6 is now available for download at:
This is a development release leading up to GTK+ 2.18.
* This is an unstable development release.
It has had only little testing and there are unfinished
features and plenty of bugs in this release. It should
definitively not be used in production.
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GTK+ 2.16. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GTK+ 2.16.
* GTK+ 2.18 will be source and binary compatible with
the GTK+ 2.16 series; however, the new API additions
are not yet finalized, so there may be incompatibilities
between this release and the final 2.18 release.
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
What is GTK+
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user
interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for
projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application
GTK+ has been designed from the ground up to support a range of
languages, not only C/C++. Using GTK+ from languages such as Perl and
Python (especially in combination with the Glade GUI builder) provides
an effective method of rapid application development.
GTK+ is free software and part of the GNU Project. However, the
licensing terms for GTK+, the GNU LGPL, allow it to be used by all
developers, including those developing proprietary software, without
any license fees or royalties.
Where to get more information about GTK+
Information about GTK+ including links to documentation can be
An installation guide for GTK+ 2.x is found at:
GTK+ is a large project and relies on voluntary contributions.
We are actively searching for new contributors in various areas
and invite everyone to help project development.
If you are willing to participate, please subscribe to the project
mailing lists to offer your help and read over our list of vacant
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.17.5 to 2.17.6
* Client-side windows:
- Several optimizations, such as client-side tracking of
- Clipping for drawing pixbufs on windows has been fixed
- Rendering to large subwindows has been fixed
* Changes that are relevant for translators:
- Markup has been removed from several strings
* Bugs fixed:
588398 Leak with testgtk::preview_(color|gray) and more
588943 set correct selection before emitting cursor-changed...
588076 Gnumeric fonts stopped working on upgrading gtk+ 2.17.2 -...
574674 GtkMenuItem gets Selected and Focused states when SelectC...
582674 Menu item and menu accessibles retain "showing" state aft...
588553 [csw] gdk_draw_pixbuf doesnt draw outside expose events s...
588897 Strange include x11/gdkx.h
588958 Typo in startup-id window property
589035 Context needed for a propoer translation
589275 [csw] Trying to destroy NULL regions
588964 Remove markup from translatable string in gtkfilechooserd...
587337 Suggest to use Glade instead gtk-builder-convert script
* Updated translations:
Thanks to all contributors:
Tristan Van Berkom
July 25, 2009
] [Thread Prev