GTK on Macintosh OSX

As you all probably know, Richard Hult has withdrawn from working further on the osx/quartz implementation of gtk. You may not know that I have taken over the build, bundle, and menu integration part of that and consolidated it at http://gtk-osx.sourceforge.net.

I'm concerned, though, about how committed the gtk development team is to completing and maintaining the internal parts. There are some serious holes (pasting and drag-and-drop don't work, just as a particularly egregious example). Richard told me that he hoped that some of his former Immendio colleagues would step up, but I don't see that that's happening.

Beyond that, there is a deeper problem: Mac users expect their applications to be easily relocatable (the preferred method for installing software is a self-contained application bundle which can be dragged to and launched from any folder); many, perhaps even most, of the libraries in the GTK/Gnome universe use hard-coded paths which are established at build time. I realize that this is a bigger problem than just GTK, but it needs to be addressed if GTK is to be a cross- platform framework competitive with Qt and WxWidgets. Perhaps if there is a better forum to discuss it someone here will point me at it.

Regards.
John Ralls