Re: client-side-windows merged

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hans Breuer" <hans breuer org>
To: "Alexander Larsson" <alexl redhat com>
Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
Sent: Saturday, July 4, 2009 1:12:13 PM GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Rome / Stockholm / Vienna
Subject: Re: client-side-windows merged

At 01.07.2009 16:34, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> The client-side-windows branch has now been merged into master.
>
> The current state of this code is pretty good. There are two known
> regressions on X11 (see http://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/ClientSideWindows),
> but both are corner cases. The quartz backend is supposed to be at least
> as good as the old one.

> The win32 backend is in pretty bad shape, but
> after some hacking today it at least builds and mostly works.

Mostly works seems to be a bit exaggerated ;) I was able to fix the
positioning of menus, but to make them work again the pointer grab code
needs to be rewritten (I did not define TODO_CSW for building).

TODO_CSW is just meant for greping, not for defining.
I'll try to get time in the week for looking at the win32 stuff, although
I'm currently fixing some X11 bugs that have been reported.

> But these are to only additional regression I found with testgtk.

Thats unexpectedly good.