Re: g_malloc overhead

BJörn Lindqvist escribió:
Actually, a custom allocator could be useful even in the general case.
Malloc is a system call and has quite bad performance on certain
platforms (windows in particular i think). Something like the gslice
allocator could
Probably improve performance a bit.
gslice i believe use malloc internally. I believe you always need malloc/new-(C/C++) because you depend on ms Windows API.

I am not sure if you can build your own malloc because you depend on the operating system.

regards.