Re: Menu bar items without icon indent

> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 6:56 AM, Peter Clifton <pcjc2 cam ac uk> wrote:
>
> > There is a comment in the above file regarding why they want this same
> > behaviour that I did, along the lines:
> >
> > We want the "title" menu items for each RANDR output to span the *whole*
> > allocation of the menu item, not just the "allocation minus toggle"
> > area.
> >
> > This perfecty matches my use-case
>
> This really sounds like you want a subclass, like GtkTitleMenuItem or somesuch

Sure, I figured that I'd need to do that.

TVB suggested that for some case, additional flexibility might be built
into the GtkMenuItem though, to save people having to subclass for this
case.

For gEDA, we'll probably have to subclass it anyway, since we not only
need the "toggle" are on the left for item images, we also need to
display our own "brand" of shortcuts in a right-aligned column down the
menu (to match our existing interface).

At the risk of going off the present topic.. GtkAction is also
restrictive, in that it only supports a single key + modifier to be used
as a shortcut.

in gEDA, we support multi-press shortcuts, such as "er" for
Edit->rotate, and we typically show those shortcuts on our menus,
right-aligned (RTL layout) after the menu text. It is a shame we can't
use GtkAction more fully.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton