Re: Speeding up thumbnail generation (like multi threaded). Thoughts please.
- From: Christian Hergert <chris dronelabs com>
- To: Mark <markg85 gmail com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Speeding up thumbnail generation (like multi threaded). Thoughts please.
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 13:45:04 -0700
Have you profiled to see if the bottleneck is CPU bound? If its IO
bound, you will only cause more contention by adding threading.
At minimum, using a thread (or async gio) to load files and another
thread that just thumbnails might be a good idea.
is there anyone here that has experienced with this? is there
anyone i an work with on this? actually anyone that could help me
through this? i'm brand new in glib and new to programming in general.
I would like to give this a try but i'm afraid i can't do this alone.
So any information about this, help and thoughts would be nice.
] [Thread Prev