Re: Performance issue when trashing files (backtraced to fsync)

Le mardi 11 août 2009 à 19:54 +0200, Alexander Larsson a écrit :
> On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 17:55 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> > I don't know how standardized the trash "protocol" is, but maybe one
> > keyfile by deleted file is too much. Some kind of batching would be
> > good.
>
> Its a freedesktop standard, and furthermore the creation of the file is
> used for atomicity guarantees, so hard to change. Anyway, there are not
> normally that many files, if you e.g. trash a folder there will just be
> one info file for all that.

You can't atomically create a keyfile and move a file, there's a window
between the two. So you can have a state (e.g. after a crash) where the
keyfile exists and the file isn't moved (or the other way around, I
didn't look at the code).
I suppose what must be guaranteed is something like the keyfile is
commited to disk before the file is moved.
So making one keyfile for several files would work equally well. But if
it's out-of-spec, too bad.