Re: FYI: better UTF8 decoder.

On 04/13/2009 05:00 AM, Butrus Damaskus wrote:
Hi!

This page: http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de/utf-8/decoder/dfa/ claims to
have better (quicker and smaller?) utf8 decoder. Maybe it would be
worth to look at it?

Funny how he claims "reduced complexity". That's definitely the most complex UTF-8 decoder I've seen.

Anyway, as I said on my own UTF-8 decoding post [1], not worth changing glib unless someone shows a real profile of a real application with UTF-8 decoding taking a measurable part of the total run time.

behdad

[1] http://mces.blogspot.com/2008/04/utf-8-bit-manipulation.html

BBD