Re: g_assert() semantics is changed without announce

On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 13:06 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> The important part of the assert semantics are: if the assertion
> fails, the program aborts.
>
> If you are using assertions in a way that make it important where or
> how the message is reported

In the Java bindings we trap the log messages that are raised by
assertions and propagate a (quite fatal) Java Exception instead. That
quite nicely terminates the program, but in a way that a) gives the
developer some idea of where things are wrong, and b) doesn't crash the
VM in the process. Crashing VMs are rather frowned upon.

The fact that assert uses the existing log facility is lovely. Please
revert back to this!

AfC
Sydney