Re: GTK adjustement changes create incompatible behaviour between versions?

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:39:29 +0200 Vincent Untz wrote:

> Le jeudi 18 septembre 2008, à 22:25 -0400, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> > On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 4:36 AM, Sebastien Bacher
> > <seb128 ubuntu com> wrote:
> >

> > > Would it be possible to reconsider this change? That's somewhat a
> > > compatibility breakage and will create issues in lot of softwares.
> > > If the change is right it would be nice to let a cycle for
> > > applications to be updated to the new behaviour before using it,
> > > there is thousand of GTK applications around and reviewing those
> > > for incorrect adjustement usages is going to take a while.
> > >

> > I've put this on the agenda for the next gtk team meeting on Sept
> > 23.
>
> Note that discussing this on Sept 23 means the decision will be too
> late for GNOME 2.24.0.
>
> If this is a major issue, we should either reach consensus that GTK+
> should revert this ASAP or decide to fix all our .glade/.ui files now.
> The latter won't help with applications we don't maintain, though.

I'd definitely be in favor of this getting reverted as well.  We (Xfce)
have enough things to polish for our 4.6 release, and I'd rather not
add what essentially amounts to ABI breakage to the list of things to
fix.  Can we remove the hard failure and just add a g_critical() or
something?

	-brian