Re: [cairo] gobject boxed types
- From: Mathieu Lacage <mathieu lacage sophia inria fr>
- To: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku b gmx de>
- Cc: cairo cairographics org, Gtk+ Developers <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>, Havoc Pennington <hp pobox com>
- Subject: Re: [cairo] gobject boxed types
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 09:52:03 -0700
On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 05:55 +0200, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> Am 15.09.08, 13:46 +0200 schrieb Alexander Larsson:
> > On Sat, 2008-09-13 at 15:05 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:
> > > > Actually I just had a random thought - what about putting this code
> > > > into pangocairo? All of Gtk+, GooCanvas, HippoCanvas and Clutter
> > > > depend on Pango, and Pango depends on both cairo and gobject. It's a
> > > > bit of an odd fit but the dependency graph would remain unchanged.
> > >
> > > cairo-glib seems a bit like shooting a squirrel with a bazooka, in
> > > terms of adding another tarball someone has to release and adding more
> > > overhead to symbol lookups in all apps.
> > If you dlopen cairo-glib and use RTLD_LOCAL I think you avoid the symbol
> > lookup overhead. Maybe this is useful?
> Interessting. How portable is this, e.g. win32?
win32 does not have stupid elf symbol lookup rules so, the problem this
trick solves does not exist on win32.
] [Thread Prev