- From: Johan Dahlin <jdahlin async com br>
- To: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- Cc: language-bindings gnome org, Johan Dahlin <johan gnome org>, Gtk+ Developers <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, Havoc Pennington <hp pobox com>
- Subject: Re: GObject-Introspection
- Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 17:23:26 +0200
Murray Cumming wrote:
On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 16:33 +0200, Johan Dahlin wrote:
As I've told Johan, this won't be possible for significant amounts of
the API, because human thought really is required to make truly usable
APIs. And I worry that the auto-generation will create bad API that will
be declared stable and unbreakable without a maintainer ever even
looking at it.
PyGTK has used that concept quite successfully for a long time.
But nevertheless, it's up to the bindings to decide what they are going to
do with the information. If someone wants to write a completely automated
binding they should be free to do so. However, I expect most bindings to
have small or large parts of manually written APIs on top of the one
exported in the GIR/typelib.
] [Thread Prev