Re: another memory leak
- From: Allin Cottrell <cottrell wfu edu>
- To: Alexander Semenov <bohtvaroh gmail com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, Jacques Le Normand <rathereasy gmail com>
- Subject: Re: another memory leak
- Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 15:23:50 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 31 Oct 2008, Alexander Semenov wrote:
> Jacques Le Normand wrote:
> > thank you for helping me to solve my previous post, which
> > found that I had a memory leak. The solution was to remove uim
> > (universal input method). I have a new memory leak problem.
> > This one creates and removes 2000 text entries every 100ms.
> > I've had top showing 64 megs resident after 5 minutes (and no
> > sign of stopping).
> > If anyone could run the code to see if they get a memory leak
> > (and post the result) it would be great! ...
> I've tried this and I had the same results.
"top" is not a leak detector. valgrind, which is what you should
be using, shows no leak on GTK's part in this example.
] [Thread Prev